Hear my story

esthergal

Tears welled up in my eyes when i read what you are going through... Pls be strong and bold and stay positive. Pls take care...

sunflowerlady

i am very sad to hear abt your story...when u are pregnant finally, such thing happens.
please be strong and let pray for miracle...may god bless u.Rest well and take care

marinetank

Alpha Male
Pls take care, and do note that whatever happens, life will still go on.

Just last year, me and wife went to gyn for 2nd check up on the young one in the 7th week, never thought any bad news will happen. When gyn started scanning, he took quite a while and not speaking a single word. Just by the side, i did not see the little blink blink which i saw the last time round. Gyn declared that there was no heartbeat, and propose a D&C, if we want to.
That day, me and wife cried for the whole day, and the days after. It actually took me quite a few months before i can come to terms with this. Even now, when i think about it, the sadness and fear still strikes deeply in my heart.
The good part of everything - My wife is in her 2nd trim right now.

Be strong and go through the sad process slowly. But keep in mind, life still goes on.

CDL

Shiseru, please go for a 2nd opinion and the sooner you go, the faster you will have peace of mind/you will be able to deal with the circumstances of the results.

I can share your pain, as we conceived our baby only after 10 years of marriage. Like others here, we will keep you and your baby in our prayers. If you need to have an abortion, ask the doctors whether they can test/do a biopsy on the baby (only if you are agreeable) to determine what went wrong. This may help the doctors to treat you for your next pregnancy.

Also, check with the doctors whether you can have a caesarean op instead of having to deliver vaginally. There are pros and cons, both ways. Some prefer not to have the pain of a natural delivery while others prefer not to have the scar of the caesarean.

In the meantime, stay positive - your baby can sense it when you are feeling depressed. Hope and pray for the best.

There are many good gynaes. Dr Noel Goh (TMC), Dr LC Foong (Gleneagles) are some I would recommend.

izanyzam

Hi Shiseru...You are one of the MTBs that i always exchange my views with in the forums so my heart goes out to you and your hubby at this very difficult moment..I pray for you and your baby's health..Do seek a second opinion on this..Hope the finding turn out differently during the re-scan..In the meantime,be strong..For your baby's sake..*hugs*

mummyria

Shiseru, pls be strong and positive.Meanwhile, all of us will pray for you.
Hope that the scan this Friday will say otherwise.

godloved

Shiseru,

I am feeling your pain as I read abt your story and I just want to re emphasize to you that you are not alone..we are all here with you supporting you all the way no matter what is the outcome. Will be praying and believing for a miracle with you just like the other mummies..

words cant describe how i felt for you . its really devasting. as i,m e emo type n i had a few probs w own my pregnacy ( nw in my 3rd tri) i can definitely feel for you. i guess we have to be brave for our little ones. n thk god u hve e support o ur hubby which is very impt. all this is straining both o u out mentally n physically but do hang in ere. eres always sunshine after rain. take gd care o urself.

adelynn

Hi Shiseru

My tears fall as I read ur post.
It's so heart wrenching, given that we have had exchanges of posts about our pregnancies.

The most important thing is now to remain calm and strong, both your hubby and yourself. And to listen for all the facts and the associated risks before coming to a decision.

Let us know if you need a listening ear or a friend over coffee, and please take care of yourself.

MomoMummy

Hope everything is fine with your baby shiseru mummy... my eyes tear up as well..

I realli hope God answer to all our prayers for your baby... Stay strong!

hueychye79

I can truly undestand your feeling after read your tread because I am also a first time mtb.

When I fail my Oscar Test and my gynae ask me to proceed to the Amnio Test I also keep crying whenever I am alone. :embarrassed:

Please seek for 2nd opinion, I hope the miracle will happen to you.

Take care..

stonston

I'm not sure if 3D/4D scan would be more useful in this case but maybe you can check with the gynae. Also, ask them about the extent of the spinal damage (meaning ask them to point to you what they see, etc).

If this pregnancy is not meant to be, don't be too upset. I know this baby was a long-waited one but you'll be blessed with another real soon. If that is really the case (which I pray hard is not), then this baby will be your little angel watching over your future children.

By the way, I'll encourage natural birth if really need to abort. Recovery is faster so you won't keep thinking about it & can try for another very soon.

All the mummies here are praying for you. No matter what is the outcome, do tell yourself to be happy cos your baby can feel it.

chiro

gal, God's grace is your strength, He knows what you are going through and He is always with you even though u dunno Him.i pray that all things will work together for your good...

karoru

i m sorry to hear about your story and i really feel for you... it is easier for me to say pls be strong... but we reali hope you and your hubby will be strong... we pray for a miracle on fri... and will keep you in our prayer...

shiseru

Thank you all the mummies for words of encouragement and blessing, you give me strength and keep me sane. It's hard to control the feeling and we find ourselves waking up and crying at night.

1 hour is like 1 day, I am losing my mind. I can't sleep well, and I can't eat.. but I am telling myself to stay calm and strong...

woofy55

Dear Shiseru - my heart also went all out to u. :( Be strong, it's just tomorrow... hang on. take care.. take care..

YuFFie

Shiseru, be strong. I totally feel for you. Hope it was just a mistake by the sonographer. *hugs*