IUI Plan & Info

serene78

I called the KKH Billing Enquiries, and the lady told me that there will be government subsidy of $3K. I will confirm with him again on late Sep since I'll be getting my blood test result then.

As my menses just finished when I see Dr Loh for the 1st appt, I will need to wait till the 2nd day of my menses so that I can have my blood test done. So, my 2nd appt is 5 weeks later :( Only on the 2nd appt, I will know if I am going for IVF or there is other options.

From one of the member, the waiting time to do IVF seems to be 4-5 months for KKH. I'm not sure, as I just started consultation.

Hi rachelt: well..for a start...hubby has this thing called varicocoele or something...its enlarged blood vessels that affects the quality of the sperm. Went to see a urologist and he suggested doing an op (key hole surgery) to clip the blood vessels but we opted for our 2nd option, which is IUI. Havent been to see the chinese doc but just spoke to her over the phone..will be going to her on Mon. Hopefully, there is something that can be done from the TCM aspect instead of having to go for the op.

For my 1st iui, i went back to work the next day. Was advised by the doc to go home n rest after the 'procedure' on the day and daily activities can resume the next day. However, for my 2nd try, i actually took 3 days off and rested and home...was lying down mostly.
Hi Viv

My hubby went for varicocoele treatment year ago..now the sperm quality improved but very painful after treatment..

I thought have high chances on IUI with quality sperm...endup last try also failed..

babymoo

Hi Ladies!! Im new to this forum.
Married for 5 yrs no chance of pregnancy yet. >.<
Irregular menses and mayb stress lvl too high ? hubby always nt in town + sperm count nt ideal. Tried TCM for past 2mths. Menses surprisingly went back to normal n hubby "qi" doing great.
decided to try IUI as wanna a baby asap. Currently 2nd day on injection. pretty lost.
needles r really scary things....haha

anxious to c my doc next wk to c how r the things n waiting it to b a success >.<

viv

Hi Ladies!! Im new to this forum.
Married for 5 yrs no chance of pregnancy yet. >.<
Irregular menses and mayb stress lvl too high ? hubby always not in town + sperm count not ideal. Tried traditional chinese medicine for past 2mths. Menses surprisingly went back to normal n hubby "qi" doing great.
decided to try IUI as wanna a baby asap. Currently 2nd day on injection. pretty lost.
needles r really scary things....haha

anxious to c my doc next wk to c how r the things n waiting it to b a success >.<
Hi babymoo: Good luck! understand what u're going through....:)

viv

Hi Viv

My hubby went for varicocoele treatment year ago..now the sperm quality improved but very painful after treatment..

I thought have high chances on IUI with quality sperm...endup last try also failed..
Hi beehong: was it a day op as well? Went to see a chinese doc and she advised strongly against it...till we do a hormone test that she has requested for. When we went to see her, she looked at the reports (sperm count n quality) of hubby n commented that it was not necessary to do. So waiting for his hormone results for now. Btw, which doc did ur hubby go to?

Hi beehong: was it a day op as well? Went to see a chinese doc and she advised strongly against it...till we do a hormone test that she has requested for. When we went to see her, she looked at the reports (sperm count n quality) of hubby n commented that it was not necessary to do. So waiting for his hormone results for now. Btw, which doc did your hubby go to?
My hubby op did by Dr Peter Chew at Glaneagles. At 1st her told us just key small hole on affected side only..after op there is both side op.

By the way, which chinese doc are you seeing?

viv

My hubby op did by Dr Peter Chew at Glaneagles. At 1st her told us just key small hole on affected side only..after op there is both side op.

By the way, which chinese doc are you seeing?
we went to a Peter Lim and he's at Gleneagles too. He told us the same thing...that it'll be a key hole surgery and easy to do. But got kinda worried after hearing what the chinese said.

Am seeing this chinese doc by the name of 杜医师 at Holland Drive. She has a prog on fm100.3 that talks about fertility and migrane every thur afternoon from 2-3pm.

What's ur plan now?

we went to a Peter Lim and he's at Gleneagles too. He told us the same thing...that it'll be a key hole surgery and easy to do. But got kinda worried after hearing what the chinese said.

Am seeing this chinese doc by the name of 杜医师 at Holland Drive. She has a prog on fm100.3 that talks about fertility and migrane every thur afternoon from 2-3pm.

What's ur plan now?

You did your iui with Dr Peter Lim? You still continue to see him after seeing chinese doc?

Going to start my ivf on beginning of oct'11. Hopefully this month strike so no need to go..

viv

You did your iui with Dr Peter Lim? You still continue to see him after seeing chinese doc?

Going to start my ivf on beginning of oct'11. Hopefully this month strike so no need to go..
I'm seeing christopher chong from gleneagles...he introduced peter lim,a urologist for the procedure.have stopped seeing him for now...suppose to see him when mensus next comes to start 3rd cycle of iui bt dun think i want to do tt...have booked an appt at kk for an appt n ivf.mensus has yet to come so havent been to see christopher chong.keeping fingers crossed this time strike though.

Baby luck!!

mei2009

Where is this TCM doc at Holland Drive? I used to stay at the market there but never knew!

And have you ladies heard about this maca root? I've read about it recently and started taking a small capsule daily but I *just* read that I need to take more to help hormonal imbalance. Just wondering if you have heard from your doctors, cos the online info really very confusing!

viv

Where is this TCM doc at Holland Drive? I used to stay at the market there but never knew!

And have you ladies heard about this maca root? I've read about it recently and started taking a small capsule daily but I *just* read that I need to take more to help hormonal imbalance. Just wondering if you have heard from your doctors, cos the online info really very confusing!
Mei: its at blk 42.just started seeing her 2 weeks ago but find them good as they explain things clearly to u.the - point is tt u need to brew the medication as its all herbs tt they give.must make appot be4 going down also.

Havent heard of maca root though....what's the purpose?

mei2009

Wow, Blk 42 is very near me!!! But I don't like to brew leh.. I still have two months of medicine from Dr Zou. Hopefully don't need more...

Maca root supposedly help balance hormones. For my last two cycles, I spotted up to a week before period, sometimes a lot somemore. Did a progesterone test for the last one and was told I didn't ovulate =( So I'm looking for ways to help. Really want to get pregnant this year else need to see fertility doc already...

viv

Wow, Blk 42 is very near me!!! But I don't like to brew leh.. I still have two months of medicine from Dr Zou. Hopefully don't need more...

Maca root supposedly help balance hormones. For my last two cycles, I spotted up to a week before period, sometimes a lot somemore. Did a progesterone test for the last one and was told I didn't ovulate =( So I'm looking for ways to help. Really want to get pregnant this year else need to see fertility doc already...
Totally understand!!hope to conceive soon too....i personally dont like brewing the medicine bt for the sake of a bb....endure lor.going to take a hormone blood test on mon as requested by the chinese doc so hopefully all ok.

Hi lady,

Are your joining this following seminar? No harm to spend our time sitting there. Cheer!
[URL="http://www.sistic.com.sg/portal/dt?d...tCode=baby0911"]http://www.sistic.com.sg/portal/dt?d...tCode=baby0911[/URL]
Went to the seminar with hubby today. Quite informative though...:)
Especially the Dragon baby..ERP story & Infertility topics...everybody laugh

Mum story 'mum love her son forever'..so sad

From conception to parenthood.......Hope to see more!

Last edited:

katsg

Especially the Dragon baby..ERP story & Infertility topics...everybody laugh

Mum story 'mum love her son forever'..so sad

From conception to parenthood.......Hope to see more!
Yeah, that's true! Heard that tickets all fully sold out that day too! :001_302: