Stay on for babies/kids? Stay on without love?

Stan

i asked hubby and he said he will stay on for the sake of the kids if there is no love... but will leave if i am seeing someone else!!... blah...sounds like pride more important!!!............

shopaholic

I know a few couples who are like that. Hv kids, live separately but not divorced. BUT the husband has a woman outside and will visit the kids regularly. The kids are with the mummy. Is that considered staying on? To me, sounds quite meaningless.

If there's no 3rd party and the couple has drifted apart due to other differences, I think it makes sense to stay on and try to work things out together, whether for kids or for ourselves.

CanCanMum

I know of 1 couple who is like that. They stay on cos of the commitment they made to each other though they dont love each other anymore. Both have fallen in love with someone outside their marriage, but they still stick to their marriage even though there's no love. Seems more like 2 strangers living in the same house, sharing the same bed.
this happens to my aunt and his husband....no love no feelings and staying on for the sake of stayin on....and too old to divorce also :p But but!!! They dun share same bed lols~~~

how come no feelings still can share same bed lehh?

uddermummy

Eh... Why divorce only after your hubby retires??? Is it because he will have a lot of CPF/pension??? Please enlighten me.
haha, because by then time, i will have a lot of cpf, and can be a free and happy woman!

no lah, it's because dd will be grown up by that time, so it prob won't be so traumatic for her.

also, must give hubby more time to just in case he really changes for the better what. maybe i also change, and become not so ngiao what.

uddermummy

this happens to my aunt and his husband....no love no feelings and staying on for the sake of stayin on....and too old to divorce also :p But but!!! They dont share same bed lols~~~

how come no feelings still can share same bed lehh?
eh, because the old bed is too comfortable?

last time i angry with husband, and almost wanted to sleep in another room, but then hor, i didn't, cos my bed is too comfortable lor.

now that i sleeping with dd in another room, i still miss my bed!

stonston

They told me it's because they put in too much effort into their house & they paid so much for the bed, so no one is willing to NOT sleep on the bed :p

vion

Anybody wld wonder y stay on n even feel it's meaningless to hold on....but oni the ppl involved r in the best position to judge...u'll nv kn for sure how u'll react when things really happens on urself...esp when there's kids n 3rd party...:wefrown:

Ting

Anybody wld wonder why stay on and even feel it's meaningless to hold on....but oni the ppl involved are in the best position to judge...you'll never kn for sure how you'll react when things really happens on yourself...esp when there's kids and 3rd party...:wefrown:
*hugs* von, dont think too much le.
just be happy with your 2 girls. :)

kbfgrace

kbfgrace babe~~~

sorry hows your situation with hubby oredi? Is everything alrite?
sighz.. not much improvements...
kinda lik two strangers sleeping on the same bed like wat stonston mummy say de...
abit sian of this style of marriage. :(

so rite now i'm tryin to keep myself bz like selling stuffs online...
oh.. btw, if you need some stuffs like cleanser / toner or moisturer, you free you go my website @@
MyJoliStore

annie

what if... your hubby did something you cant forgive nor forget.. will you stay for the kid? but of cos.. you dont hate him.. stay together still will talk. and he treat you very well? as in.. he has always been treating you very well since day 1 and has never changed but one day he told a lie that you cant forgive nor forget... will you divorce cos no trust together also no pt or will you stay on for the kid or what?

is it better to divorce when the bb still young or wat?

Last edited:

uddermummy

what if... your hubby did something you cant forgive nor forget.. will you stay for the kid? but of cos.. you dont hate him.. stay together still will talk. and he treat you very well? as in.. he has always been treating you very well since day 1 and has never changed but one day he told a lie that you cant forgive nor forget... will you divorce cos no trust together also no pt or will you stay on for the kid or what?

is it better to divorce when the baby still young or what?
it really depends on what the lie is about, and if he'll do it again.

There are some things I can't tahan at all: infidelity and abuse. I will walk out of the door and never return, especially for abuse.

I'm a bit old-fashioned and will stay on for my dd's sake, unless we really hate each other's guts.

uddermummy

so if he abuse you you also stay for your girl?
no way... i will def leave him cos i don't want my dd to grow up thinking that it's okay to abuse and be abused!

He unfaithful i can still forgive him once. Violence, I won't give hi a second chance at all!

annie

well.. no one knows if he will keep making the same mistake ma hehe.

some men when say they change, they really will change. some men wont change. some men.. change for a while then forget everything n back to old self..

sometimes i wonder y men make women so headache to make such decision on whether to let our child go fatherless or not. its such a hard decision n feel the bb so poor thing..choose to make them fatherless feel they very poor thing.. dun make them fatherless then we very poor thing lol. even if we stay on without love, think kids can sense it.. then eventually they also very poor thing.. like watever choice we make also wrong... y men create such problems for us women!!! if they guai guai be a good hubby n father then our kid can grow up happily in a family with both mummy n daddy right? hai~