We are TTC-ing!

happilymarried

Ebichan, Oscar is a computation of 2 things. Your blood test near or on week 12 & the measurement of fluid behind baby's neck.. from there system will come out with a ratio e.g 1 in 2200 chance (my baby's result) of getting trisomy21 - down syndrome. The system computes for trisomy 13 & 18 too but it's less common to strike..

I wasn't that relaxed with my results cuz it was based on 30 yrs of age and also worried due to twin b... So I went for additional detailed scan (on my bill it was called fetal anormally scan) with a doc at Camden.. maybe he uses a differential system (I'm not sure) but at 21++ weeks, he chop n stamp all organs are growing well and on track and my trisomy21 ratio was reduced to 1:9964. :)

ebichan

Ebichan, Oscar is a computation of 2 things. Your blood test near or on week 12 & the measurement of fluid behind baby's neck.. from there system will come out with a ratio e.g 1 in 2200 chance (my baby's result) of getting trisomy21 - down syndrome. The system computes for trisomy 13 & 18 too but it's less common to strike..

I wasn't that relaxed with my results cuz it was based on 30 yrs of age and also worried due to twin b... So I went for additional detailed scan (on my bill it was called fetal anormally scan) with a doc at Camden.. maybe he uses a differential system (I'm not sure) but at 21++ weeks, he chop n stamp all organs are growing well and on track and my trisomy21 ratio was reduced to 1:9964. :)
those are amazing numbers.
I was googling and based on age, it says something like 1:128 but is it because it needs to combine the blood work too to correctly assess?
I see. so many things to study

rav3naers

Missy10:830799 said:
im so sleepy.....

but the lil kungfu expert inside still fighting on hourly basis.... help!!!!
Mine hiccups alot today. Kungfu practices is good! My gynae say the more active the better. Bb is strong & healthy. Feeling the hiccups at bottom of tummy, means bb head's down le?

Quincy, how r u le?

Last edited:

Dragontail

Poohy, hahah my lil sis is one bad example because she does nothing. She is one who doesn’t want to read too much into anything, nor stop cold drinks/coffee. Eats whatever she wants (the gynae just told her don’t eat pineapple though). She is also not with TCM (at least not anymore for past 6-9months at least). Smoked back then too (she has stopped of course).

I just think God decides it’s time for her.

Have you got a date yet on going for the IVF counseling session?

poohy

Poohy, hahah my lil sis is one bad example because she does nothing. She is one who doesn’t want to read too much into anything, nor stop cold drinks/coffee. Eats whatever she wants (the gynae just told her don’t eat pineapple though). She is also not with TCM (at least not anymore for past 6-9months at least). Smoked back then too (she has stopped of course).

I just think God decides it’s time for her.

Have you got a date yet on going for the IVF counseling session?
dragontail, its nice to hear that she continues with her colddrinks/coffee...hahaha ...i like it! i'm also still drinking cold drinks and coffee....cannot stop coffee or else i will get cold turkey...Okies, at least i'm still with tcm.hahaha....

yup i have the date to go for counselling session...1 more week! but after the session, duno how long then my turn to do all the tests and start the cycle...guess shd be next year liao...haiz.

happilymarried

Poohy... Wow!! :Dancing_tongue::Dancing_tongue: Finally 1 more week to your ivf counselling! dont't give up seeing doc wu ya? Keep us updated! Hmm I dont't take coffee at all so I just cut down my tea.. at that time I was still drinking green tea a lot cuz didn't know its cooling... you just try to keep open n happy mind.. continue to take more plain water n fruit juices.. should be all ready! :)

Ebichan, week 12 Oscar is calculated with blood test. Week 21 detailed scan no need blood test as all organs will be visible on scan (I think this is the reason for no blood test).... dont't read too much... Just know whats supposed to be tested n when... Jiayou mini ebichan!! All aunties here waiting for your week 12 update! :)

Last edited: