We are TTC-ing!

Dragontail

Lol Happilymarried, got President for kkj club? I wonder what the President has to do all day.... so many jiaos so little time.

Omg I 发花痴 again.

Last edited:

ebichan

I would like to know more about the Oscar test. Is it only given to women above 35?
The measurements can be seen right away in the scan right?
but blood results must wait?

rav3naers

ebichan:830744 said:
I would like to know more about the Oscar test. Is it only given to women above 35?
The measurements can be seen right away in the scan right?
but blood results must wait?
Any age also can take. But above 35 they would recommend due to higher risk age grp. Still voluntary though. Only know result after they consolidate the data from both ur u/s & blood work.

Missy10

ebichan - ya, any age can take oscar test, actually is to play safe, as its not just our age that causes down-syndrome

initially, i also thought of not taking, but after the doctor's advice - there is no cure for down-syndrome for now, and if dont detect early, then will only realize after birth, which i think its a suffering for both parents and bb

ebichan

Ebichan, you can take the oscar at any age. Im going for it on the 9th oct and im under 35. so anxious now...
Let me know the process and how it goes.
Unfortunately my doctor is very conservative and likes to give me very statistic info. But it is his style of professionalism.

littlej

Ebichan - can take Oscar anytime regardless of age. But the older you are, the odds are higher.
It is a statistic game ie results is known in 1:xxxxx. For me - mine was 1:2005 so there is 1 in 2005 chances baby will have ds. If you ask me, I would go for the maternit 21 test