We are TTC-ing!

littlej

Heehee ebichan - do you work for MFA? Are you an ambassador?

I don't dare to weigh myself.. I should hor... Hmm. Doc said I can only do massage 3 weeks later, Malay aunty said I can do 2 weeks later - think I'd go with 2.5 weeks.

Oh - I love cny goodies!!! Bak kwa, pineapple tarts, kueh bangkit, love letters. Haha I didn't have any pineapple tarts this year so can't wait for next year to munch on pineapple tarts!! Hmm - actually I didn't munch on many cny goodies cuz I dunno what is safe for pregnancy or not (and I had to keep it a secret).

Thelay

My office used to be under hdb.. I think hdb not so public figure la...sorry I cant gossip about hdb..

Hmm...gov sector... cpf board?

happilymarried

wow... you ladies are so active here :shyxxx: ... auntie here cannot keep up.. today legs feel heavy and plump plump.. water retention again.. even though i drink super a lot of water already...

haha Ebichan!! while i was reading thru, i guessed same as littlej!! MFA or MHA (home affairs?) though i know MFA needs quite some travelling.... there's a long list of govt agencies... we shall guess them all!! :p

Last edited:

happilymarried

natalie, your weight gain seems very OK!! mine is not though... i dont think my family has history of diabetes... but my doc is more concerned about me..

OH!! lose all the preggy weight within 1 yr?? okie, make it 9 months... i will strive to get back in shape!!

littlej, why dont you wait 2-2.5 weeks, then see how you feel? before you start the massage? becuz internal would needs longer to heal even though surface skin may look healing very fast... hehe.. & yes! you should weigh yourself!! then slowly count the kgs you shed... with breastfeeding, i think your weight will drop fast.. its those last 4,5,6 kgs that are the most stubborn i heard from others too...

wantonmee

Yea I couldnt get the last 4kg off!!! And now second one start off with these stubborn kgs. Hoping to lose all if possible!

TVH

natalie, i did the gestational diabetes test at 28 weeks cos i have slightly increased amniotic fluid..my gynae suspected i might have GD..

Have to fast from the night before...no drink, no food...
The day of the test, first u would be asked to take a urine sample....after that, draw blood...i think about 2 or 3 tubes....then u have to drink a super sweet orange glucose drink (about 500ml) on the spot....then go soh soh around for 2 hours without eating or drinking anything else.....

2hours later, go back clinic.....take another urine sample, take another blood test (again, 2-3 tubes) then after that you are free to go until they call you to tell you abt the result a few days later

TVH

haha..thanks for asking, thelay :)
i haven't been sleeping well lately....these days, i can wake up to pee at least 3 times in the middle of the night....then after that can't get back to sleep...i think i'm getting nervous because the end is very very near....i keep stressing about what to do and and if i'm alone at home and my water breaks, what should i do? I think i'm having anxiety attacks...

baby super active...it's like he's struggling to get out...his squirms these days can hurt...and just now when i went to the toilet, i discovered a sudden gush of whitish discharge on my pantyliner....i hope he stays in there until next week...

happilymarried

Oh Tvh!!! Yours is next.. and so close... Hope ur bb boy can bake n grow his organs well... So that even if out at 39 weeks like Littlej's.. still will be handsome n healthy!

Thanks for the info on glucose test... I m so nervous now... I have low blood sugar easily and my body doesn't react well to super sweet stuff if I fast.. oh gosh... I hope I clear this test.... I don't want to do any more injections.. :(

tricky

preggie mamas, did you notice a slow down in hair growth on legs and underarms ? I notice hair on legs doesn't grow as fast. I thought was supposed to be opposite ?