EDD in Sept 2011

Hi all mummies,

Just wondering of any of you have problems getting to sleep in the night?

I can sleep in the afternoon but having serious problem sleeping in the night now a days :(
slp in the afternoon? u not working? well... i m a working mum... i cant slp in the afternoon.=( so at night sure KO on my bed .. haas... but i guess slpless night will haunt me very soon cos i start to run toilet in the middle of the night... =( how many weeks u pregnant?

Hellooo...

I feel abit down and depressed now. Visited gynae on last Sat. OMG! Baby now weighs 1.7kg at Wk 29 which is way way too heavy. Gynae tells me that from now on, bb and me must go on diet and minimize weight gain! :( but one good thing is bb's head is already down. hopefully he wun turn and be in breech position.

mummies, can give me some suggestions what food to take that can help to control my weight gain?
bb big is good... mine is way too small... 30 weeks at 1390gram... well... i m gaining weight but BB IS NOT. well... mayb for u... try not to snack and eat supper... n jus eat proper meals and take ur dinner slightly earlier. cos u cannot go on diet.... bb is constantly growing n need the nutrients n food u take in...

Carisella

Hellooo...
I feel abit down and depressed now. Visited gynae on last Sat. OMG! Baby now weighs 1.7kg at Wk 29 which is way way too heavy. Gynae tells me that from now on, bb and me must go on diet and minimize weight gain! :( but one good thing is bb's head is already down. hopefully he wun turn and be in breech position.

mummies, can give me some suggestions what food to take that can help to control my weight gain?
don't worry about it.. i've actually heard of mommies whose babies are 3.7kg at birth.. ownself push.. if you're afraid, go on a "diet" like eating less meat, more veges, drink less milk take less eggs, eat less carbo.

And no more SWEET stuff.. all X away!! lolz..

Yanqin84

slp in the afternoon? u not working? well... i m a working mum... i cant slp in the afternoon.=( so at night sure KO on my bed .. haas... but i guess slpless night will haunt me very soon cos i start to run toilet in the middle of the night... =( how many weeks u pregnant?
Hi Charlotte,

I'm a working mum also... It's just that for the past 2 days, i have serious problems sleeping in the night. On weekend afternoons i can sleep but when it comes to night, i can't.

I'm 28 weeks pregnant... Gonna hit my 29 weeks soon...

Carisella

bb big is good... mine is way too small... 30 weeks at 1390gram... well... i m gaining weight but BB IS NOT. well... mayb for u... try not to snack and eat supper... n jus eat proper meals and take ur dinner slightly earlier. cos u cannot go on diet.... bb is constantly growing n need the nutrients n food u take in...
did you ask ur gynae why ur baby not taking in much? u're gaining weight but baby not.. is there something wrong going in there or it's just that u're EATING too LITTLE!! and you think u eat too much.. and gain 5kg is a lot to u already =x

Carisella

Hi Charlotte,

I'm a working mum also... It's just that for the past 2 days, i have serious problems sleeping in the night. On weekend afternoons i can sleep but when it comes to night, i can't.

I had the same problem as you!!.. i could sleep for about 2 to 3 weeks straight at night and i really broke down.. i took the time to hibernate during the weekends. At night if really can't sleep, all i did was sit up on the bed and rest. No choice.. can't take sleeping pills, can't anyhow take leave also. So just tahan

Hi Charlotte,

hmmmm.... try not to napped in the afternoon... yes... i feel very tired on weekends afternoon n i wanted to slp but i cant.... my lil bb girl makes me so busy with her till i dun even have to time to rest... lols. well... try to look for something to do.... like shopping... for bb stuff... get urself prepared... read up the forum hahaahah.. go for expo fair.... make urself exhausted in the afternoon till u will automatically dozed off in the night... well.... u will start have mroe slpless night when ur bb gets bigger... yes... drink warm milk b4 u go to bed=) it helps...

did you ask ur gynae why ur baby not taking in much? u're gaining weight but baby not.. is there something wrong going in there or it's just that u're EATING too LITTLE!! and you think u eat too much.. and gain 5kg is a lot to u already =x
last check up 28 weeks to 30 weeks. i gain 0.4kg... doc explained is either the placenta got problem/I eat too lil/the food intake u used up in taking care of my bb... well.... from pregnancy till now i gain like 12 already.. duno y bb is still so small.=( hais

I had the same problem as you!!.. i could sleep for about 2 to 3 weeks straight at night and i really broke down.. i took the time to hibernate during the weekends. At night if really can't sleep, all i did was sit up on the bed and rest. No choice.. can't take sleeping pills, can't anyhow take leave also. So just tahan
sometime i will take the flu medicine small yellow tablet (save for pregnancy de) prescribe by doc to help me with the slp... but thats when i have serious flu la... or very disturbing itch.. cos the medi helps with the rash n itch as well as flu...

Carisella

last check up 28 weeks to 30 weeks. i gain 0.4kg... doc explained is either the placenta got problem/I eat too lil/the food intake u used up in taking care of my bb... well.... from pregnancy till now i gain like 12 already.. duno y bb is still so small.=( hais
why the gynae only use mouth say never check the placenta? a bit unprofessional leh :(

sometime i will take the flu medicine small yellow tablet (save for pregnancy de) prescribe by doc to help me with the slp... but thats when i have serious flu la... or very disturbing itch.. cos the medi helps with the rash n itch as well as flu...
aiyo.. drug "abuse" =x i got rash and itch i hardly eat meds to cure.. I just scratch till i bleed and die lolz.. rather hurt myself on the outside then to accidentally hurt baby on the inside..

why the gynae only use mouth say never check the placenta? a bit unprofessional leh :(

aiyo.. drug "abuse" =x i got rash and itch i hardly eat meds to cure.. I just scratch till i bleed and die lolz.. rather hurt myself on the outside then to accidentally hurt baby on the inside..
lols... i noe... but i check with doc n doc say its perfectly safe then i take.. i cannot stand the itch... its killing me=( she did check the placenta.... wat she meant was the tube on whatever that is called mayb is narrow... yupp... but she say must likely was bcos the food intake was all burnt in taking care of my bb of 10 months... cos she is very very active...

Carisella

lols... i noe... but i check with doc n doc say its perfectly safe then i take.. i cannot stand the itch... its killing me=( she did check the placenta.... wat she meant was the tube on whatever that is called mayb is narrow... yupp... but she say must likely was bcos the food intake was all burnt in taking care of my bb of 10 months... cos she is very very active...
umbilical cord? lol!!.. but don't make sense also ma.. u gaining weight wor... or maybe the weight is more of the water ? :( EAT MORE EAT MORE!! like u know.. GOBBLE!! don't chew!! just SWALLOW!! lolz..

ChocoBaby

Hi Charlotte,

I do the same as Charlottetan, tire myself out then sure KO at night. For me I cant sleep cos my legs have weird tingly sensations. Rub some heating oil, prop legs higher on some pillows and I'm gone! Oooh for me I take hot cocoa before sleep. And I have no problems with chocolate. I only get breathless going up stairs. :)

Carisella, just gobble no need chew?!? Ahahahahaha.... If choke how? Hehehehe....

So how's everyone's baby shopping? I'm done with clothes, swaddle wraps, booties, mittens etc & toiletries. But still haven't find my 'dream' baby bedding set. Ahahahaha.... Left only that to buy & tub plus some other small stuff. Anyone used Pupsik studio sling before? They have new designs now, so pretty.

Yanqin84

I do the same as Charlottetan, tire myself out then sure KO at night. For me I cant sleep cos my legs have weird tingly sensations. Rub some heating oil, prop legs higher on some pillows and I'm gone! Oooh for me I take hot cocoa before sleep. And I have no problems with chocolate. I only get breathless going up stairs. :)

Carisella, just gobble no need chew?!? Ahahahahaha.... If choke how? Hehehehe....

So how's everyone's baby shopping? I'm done with clothes, swaddle wraps, booties, mittens etc & toiletries. But still haven't find my 'dream' baby bedding set. Ahahahaha.... Left only that to buy & tub plus some other small stuff. Anyone used Pupsik studio sling before? They have new designs now, so pretty.
I haven't realy start buying anything yet.... keke... Only stroller and car seat.....Oh yah and pampers....

umbilical cord? lol!!.. but don't make sense also ma.. u gaining weight wor... or maybe the weight is more of the water ? :( EAT MORE EAT MORE!! like u know.. GOBBLE!! don't chew!! just SWALLOW!! lolz..
hahahahah... taking more sweet stuff now to boost bb weight... scare to go gynae... next week.... scare to noe the weight.

not buying much.. cos my dear daughter stuff can all pass to my second daughter... save save=) i wana buy bb carrier instead of sling... bought one sling n find it useless... when bb 6 months plus liao hard to use le.. anyway... anyone noes where can i get cheap disposable breastpads? as in any sales going on anywhere?

Carisella

Won't choke one.. my hubby also say me scold pple mouth so big, eat that time MOUTH BIGGER!!! *so shy*

I've bought almost EVERYTHING!!! except pampers and milk powder (JIC i got no milk)

Won't choke one.. my hubby also say me scold pple mouth so big, eat that time MOUTH BIGGER!!! *so shy*

I've bought almost EVERYTHING!!! except pampers and milk powder (JIC i got no milk)
i was wondering wat is JIC... lols.. just in case! haahahah well... breastfeeding is the best but yes jus in case we run low supply or no milk.. so have to prepare... but did u r research which milk is the best for bb?

dolphyant

charlotte, i envy you k! how i wish my bb absorb less so that he will not be obese! you try taking in more protein, maternal milk, durians, ice cream etc. that should help to beef up your bb.

carisella, gynae predict that at the rate I'm gg, bb will be more than 4kg at birth. so he said, i really need to control diet now. 100% no sugar and reduce carbo intake. now trying to reduce the amount of food i take at every meal, n finding healthy alternatives for snacks. sighzzz...

yanqin, try taking warm milk before sleeping or listen to classical music. that will helps.

i bought most of the stuff for bb already. however, til now, my wonderful MIL still refuses to pass me those bags of handme down clothes. grrrrrr... duno what she wants man! now pending on my list are those items more for me like nursing bras, disposable panties, maternity pads, etc. oh and have not buy bb cot's bed linen.

charlotte, i envy you k! how i wish my bb absorb less so that he will not be obese! you try taking in more protein, maternal milk, durians, ice cream etc. that should help to beef up your bb.

carisella, gynae predict that at the rate I'm gg, bb will be more than 4kg at birth. so he said, i really need to control diet now. 100% no sugar and reduce carbo intake. now trying to reduce the amount of food i take at every meal, n finding healthy alternatives for snacks. sighzzz...

yanqin, try taking warm milk before sleeping or listen to classical music. that will helps.

i bought most of the stuff for bb already. however, til now, my wonderful MIL still refuses to pass me those bags of handme down clothes. grrrrrr... duno what she wants man! now pending on my list are those items more for me like nursing bras, disposable panties, maternity pads, etc. oh and have not buy bb cot's bed linen.
haahahaha... i envy u.. n u envy me... doc say if i continued like this... bb will be in danger. n will grant me hospitalisation leave to rest at hm...=( dun envy me... yes... i can eat more... but.... my appetite wasn't really good... but still can eat normal meals.... well... the ultrasound machine actually not 100 percent accurate... plus minus 100 grams for bb at our stage... so mayb ur bb less ard 1.6kg only?