EDD May 2012 Mummies!

Sweetoothz

I also heard babies can last min turn also so now I'm just praying that she will turn in time... If not I guess I'll try the traditional way of asking a massage lady to help massage n turn the bb?

As for admission, I've already did the pre-admission last week at 34 weeks. I only have to tell them the bed type once I've made up my mind.. Heheheheh

Meilynn

Nope. I was not told for this blood test I took. That was why i still had mixed rice + 2 portions of fruits before the test. Sigh! But the lab asst was saying, even if I had eaten, my glucose level was still on the high side.

For this upcoming test for Glucose tolerance, I am told to fast the night before. Worried :(
Try not to worry too much. I went thru the GTT also. Note tt this is a 2 hr test. For eg 1st blood test drawn at 9am. They will ask u to drink one very sweet liquid. Then at 10am n 11am will draw ur blood sample again.

In between these few hrs strictly no water n food. Bcos need to fast since previous nite 10pm, by the time 3 sample drawn, most probably u will be very hungry. So rem to grab a full meal the night before.

Things will be well so muz remain positive k.

esoterice

Sweetooth, preadmission is diff from the letter leh. I did my preadmission way back last Nov... Then when nearer yr Edd, the gynae will pass u the admission letter. Think its issued by the doctor/ yr clinic...

climsp

Yes, CL from Malaysia, recommended by my gf. Wil talk to my Gf see if she rem the payment mode. If ur EDD is 26 May n u starting ur ML 7 May, when u intend Bb to be out? Thru Ceaseran?

My co policy indicates to tk full 16 weeks of Ml, suits me fine cos wanna spend more time wif BB. By the Time go back to work, almost sep 12. Still got 6 days childcare leave n my annual leave for this yr. think shd be ok. We need to clear AL by end of yr. Muz tell my gal to eat more too. Then she can be bigger. Hope this works on me like it did urs ;)
hope to be natural birth. apply early cos not feeling well already. keep having BH evryday for 2 to 3 times. baby tend to put more pressure to pelvis area also.

climsp

my bump got alot of pimple like rashes now also, but not itchy.

for GD, dun worry too much. dun diet also. cos if very hungry u tends to eat even more, blood sugar will shoot up faster. i got GD since the test at 20week. have being well controlled, dun need to take daily injection. just dun take sweet/ soft drink. less white rice, replaced w/ brown rice. no outside soup cos of MSG. less sweet fruit like mango,durian,papaya, banana.

for baby head down, ask hubby help to talk to baby more from below bump, let baby hear song from below also. there also ways to help baby turn by workout. try search at youtube

Last edited:

Rukia

Try not to worry too much. I went thru the GTT also. Note tt this is a 2 hr test. For eg 1st blood test drawn at 9am. They will ask u to drink one very sweet liquid. Then at 10am n 11am will draw ur blood sample again.

In between these few hrs strictly no water n food. Bcos need to fast since previous nite 10pm, by the time 3 sample drawn, most probably u will be very hungry. So rem to grab a full meal the night before.

Things will be well so muz remain positive k.
Must try to remain happy. I never had any problems with my health before pregnancy. But during this pregnancy, awhile its high blood, but has since gone back to normal, and now it is blood glucose. Sometimes i feel so stressed going for tests, dont know what to expect.

But last night, I had a good dream. I dreamt I could see my baby in my tummy. I was talking to her and she responded and happily smiled back to me. :)

Rukia

hope to be natural birth. apply early cos not feeling well already. keep having BH evryday for 2 to 3 times. baby tend to put more pressure to pelvis area also.
So take care. I heard BH will get more frequent as you near your EDD.

climsp

rukia, ur dream so sweet. my dream is my baby dun wanna see me when born, he turn his face other side. so haolian!! even dream also bully me. haiyo :nah:

actually my BH start every early during my 2nd trim.

Rukia

my bump got alot of pimple like rashes now also, but not itchy.

for GD, dun worry too much. dun diet also. cos if very hungry u tends to eat even more, blood sugar will shoot up faster. i got GD since the test at 20week. have being well controlled, dun need to take daily injection. just dun take sweet/ soft drink. less white rice, replaced w/ brown rice. no outside soup cos of MSG. less sweet fruit like mango,durian,papaya, banana.

for baby head down, ask hubby help to talk to baby more from below bump, let baby hear song from below also. there also ways to help baby turn by workout. try search at youtube
Do you need to test your blood frequently on your own or only control diet, and test during gynae appt?

climsp

Do you need to test your blood frequently on your own or only control diet, and test during gynae appt?
at 1st is test 7times a day for 2 day per week. after well control, now is once every week, 7 times per day
just test myself, n record in chart. need to control my sugar n carbo intake only.

Rukia

at 1st is test 7times a day for 2 day per week. after well control, now is once every week, 7 times per day
just test myself, n record in chart. need to control my sugar n carbo intake only.
Did your gynae give you any meal plan to follow? So you bought the glucose meter and the needles? I dont know if I dare to poke myself. Cos I think my hand will go weak seeing the needles.

Rukia

rukia, ur dream so sweet. my dream is my baby dun wanna see me when born, he turn his face other side. so haolian!! even dream also bully me. haiyo :nah:

actually my BH start every early during my 2nd trim.
I was so happy in my dream, seeing my baby smile at me :)

After I awaken, I was thinking it is so funny. How did my tummy become transparent so I could see my baby for that short while.
Maybe my baby is reassuring me everything is going to be fine, cos she knows mummy is so worried.

Meilynn

Must try to remain happy. I never had any problems with my health before pregnancy. But during this pregnancy, awhile its high blood, but has since gone back to normal, and now it is blood glucose. Sometimes i feel so stressed going for tests, dont know what to expect.

But last night, I had a good dream. I dreamt I could see my baby in my tummy. I was talking to her and she responded and happily smiled back to me. :)
High blood n sugar level is pretty common during pregnancy, wats impt is to remain positive! After delivery shd be back to normal.

Yours is a very good n sweet dream le. Every nite by the time I find a suitable position to fall asleep in, I m so tired tt no dreams for me le. Looking forward to seeing my gal face to face when she arrives. Counting down!!

Meilynn

Yup, if can natural birth better. Juz monitor closely. BH ok though unbearable but contractions will be serious. Think next week my gynae follow up I will ask my gynae if able to hv natural birth if before full 40 weeks. Everything blur blur le.

Rukia

got a confinement lady demand her arrival angbao and departure angbao to about $200 each. I just pengz...very greedy. some more her fee is $2500.

The one i hire is $2.2k. Cheap meh? i tot is the standard market rate for this year.
Nowadays some confinement ladies are terrible. Maybe they know its dragon year and they are in huge demand. I wanted to get one previously. Offered her $2K just for taking care of baby in the daytime and cooking confinement food for me, but she wasnt happy, demanded more. So end up did not want to go through with her. Since before started already show such attitude.

$2.2K is the standard rate nowadays for day and night confinement lady.

climsp

Did your gynae give you any meal plan to follow? So you bought the glucose meter and the needles? I dont know if I dare to poke myself. Cos I think my hand will go weak seeing the needles.
i got a list of food not to take. like what i mentioned.
the needle very small. no pain also. is easy to test also

Attachments

climsp

Yup, if can natural birth better. Juz monitor closely. BH ok though unbearable but contractions will be serious. Think next week my gynae follow up I will ask my gynae if able to hv natural birth if before full 40 weeks. Everything blur blur le.
have checked w/ gynea, i can natural birth, cos baby already in position. cos have to monitor closely now. hope he will be out at 37 week which i just start ML.. since he eat so much should be ok. dun expect him to be big baby also.

Rukia

i got a list of food not to take. like what i mentioned.
the needle very small. no pain also. is easy to test also
Oic. Praying hard for now, hope I dont have to go through diabetes. Today I think I am quite healthy. Had multigrain bread for breakfast, porridge for lunch and maybe noodles with chicken for dinner.