EDD Oct 2013

TVH

Singapore2010, Mrs Wong's classes are 300+ for 6 lessons...the price differs abit depending on whether u want weekend or weekday classes....wkend classes cost more

weeeii

Went for my detailed scan today too, confirmed it's a boy (can see penis much clearer today :D). Everything is fine and baby was actively moving during the scan today.

littlej

Littlej,

Im seeing dr chan kh frm glen e.. u???
Yes pls update details abt the scan! If its long n very detailed ill ask hubby if he wanna take mc to b there: )
Hey joyful mum - Here's my feedback from the detailed scan with Dr TC Chang.
1. He gives a CD ROM! I have a CD ROM of 35 images. Hee hee. You will get 2 stuff. one report to give to Dr Chan. The other is a CD ROM whereby you get to keep.
2. Dr Chang was very detailed, professional and assuring, and gives constructive feedback. I feel much smarter after meeting him having heard all the medical terms / parts of the body. Hahaha. He won't make small talk, just give you the facts and feedback.
3. The whole thing for me took about 2 hours. Waited about 30 minutes. #1 scan took about 20 minutes (I think). #2 scan took about 10 minutes (I think). (my lil' muffin wasn't very co-operative. Crossing his legs, so I had to go out walk around for a while then come back). Then another 5 minutes where the doc took time to plot the numbers onto a graph and shared his commentary.
4. It's worthwhile for your hubby to be there. My personal feedback.
5. Scan costs $321.
6. If you're driving, note that TMC's parking is horrible. So need some time unless you valet.

BTW - Dr Chang is really quite good and professional. His package price is also erm 1/2 of Dr Chan's. My hubby asked him if we can change docs and he told my hubby cannot, cuz we were referred by Dr Chan. My hubby is now even more impressed at this ethics and he's super keen to change docs. I don't know how... argh!

littlej

Hey TVH - I know you signed up for the antenatal classes. But today at TMC - I went to the parentcraft centre - The lady in charge told me that since I'm due in early Oct, her advice is to attend the classes starting July instead. Just FYI anyway.

TVH

Hehehe thanks Littlej, yup I know I shd sign up layer but I am too KS, I scared aft that I got no more time to go and the classes would b fully taken up :p

huiqin83

Huiqin83,

U confirmed ur baby gendee thru the detailed scan yet? Congrates on the healthy baby!!
Hi joyfulmum, yeah confirm is boy! his leg open big big let us see hahaa actually w16 already saw it, but SIL say maybe is finger le. but i trust my dr more.
im planning to take Mdm Boi class in July too! thinking ard mid july, wkend class. anyone plannign to go same time? we can be mummy friends hahaa

Happy for all of you who did the scans!

I've still got a few days before my appointment. suspense is killing me but trying to stay positive. Feeling many pops in my tummy but only when I'm in bed, late at night and very early morning... nocturnal baby...scary!

Does anybody know anything about Gleneagles prenatal classes? it has only 3-4 lessons but costs $300+.. wondering if quality of content is better? For around the same price, TMC has 6 lessons. NUH/KKH has 8-10 classes but costs $200+ only.
Choose class also dilemma :err:

Thanks TVH! I'm wondering if it's worth it gg for the classes.. Haiz.. money fly again..

Yes, the parking at TMC sucks! We usually park opposite at the HDB and cross the overhead bridge but it's hard to find parking lots on saturdays. We once parked at TMC and the valet actually parked our car ~1km away at a public carpark. We had to take a mini bus over LOL

momnbaby

New to Infant Massage?

Infant massage is about respect and communication
Infant massage is a conveyance of love
Infant massage is the magic key to a healthier and happier baby
Infant massage is a traditional and natural way to bond with your child
Infant massage is a lifelong skill

Why attend IAIM certificate programe?

The international association of infant massage ( IAIM ) is the largest and longest standing worldwide association solely dedicated to infant massage. Since 2005, more than 100 instructors from Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Hong Kong and Philippines have been accredited in Singapore. IAIM infant massage program clinically endorsed in hospitals and infant care centers around the world. It helps babies sleep better, bond better and respond better.

Who should attend the preview?

Infant massage uses gentle, tactile stimulation and loving verbal communication to deepen the relationship between parent and baby. It is a shared experience, done with the baby and not to the baby. It helps to release tension for the baby and helps parents to better understand the baby’s needs.

If you are interested in becoming a Certified Infant Massage Instructor or simply want to know more about infant massage and how to improve the infant-parent communication, join us at our upcoming presentation! This presentation is particularly useful for people in the following industry.

- Medical Care Professionals
- Health Care Professionals
- Infant Care Teachers
- Childhood Educators
- Therapists
- Parents
- Caregivers
- Anyone who loves babies

Speakers: Ms Shillina Phua CIMI, MISP (UK)
- Infant Massage Instructor & I.A.I.M Singapore Chapter Representative

Date: 18 May 2013 (Saturday)
Time: 10:30am -12:30pm
Venue: Best Western Jayleen 1918 Hotel
42 Carpenter Street, Singapore 059921 (Near the Singapore River, Boat Quay)
Fee: $20 per person including lunch
Payment: POSB saving 038-99137-0 via bank transfer

Productivity Innovation & Credit Scheme Consultant
Enjoy tax rebates or cash payouts when you sign up for the course

For enrollment or more information, please contact Ms Amy at email contact@momnbabystore.com or register via sms 9010 2142 with your Full name, Email address.

chocobell

Happy for all of you who did the scans!

I've still got a few days before my appointment. suspense is killing me but trying to stay positive. Feeling many pops in my tummy but only when I'm in bed, late at night and very early morning... nocturnal baby...scary!

Does anybody know anything about Gleneagles prenatal classes? it has only 3-4 lessons but costs $300+.. wondering if quality of content is better? For around the same price, Thomson Medical Center has 6 lessons. NUH/Kandang Kerbau Hospital has 8-10 classes but costs $200+ only.
Choose class also dilemma :err:
hahhas. i am facing the dilemma. afterall, i know nuts about taking care of baby.

seem like thomson medical is good, but becus my doc is at KKH, i can attend the lesson at cheaper rate.
anyone have any feedback of KKH classes?

chocobell

Congrats to mommies who complete their detailed scan with healthy baby! ^^
can't wait to have mine too.
but till now i still do not know did my doc schedule mine for gender only or detail scan.

is it possible to do detail scan within 30min?
becus that the interval between the scan and seeing the doc.

littleJ

congrats on completing your detailed scan :)
you did it so early !! mine is only this coming friday and i can't wait already...
did you take any video?
i told my hb to come along too so that he can take video :)

TVH

I've checked out gleneagles prenatal classes and yes, it's 300+ for 3-4 lessons and the topics i find, u can read or google yourself....I heard Mrs Wong's class have hands-on and I've got a few friends who attended her classes and told me she's good...so I thought i'd give her a try since this is my first time...

june83

littleJ

congrats on completing your detailed scan :)
you did it so early !! mine is only this coming friday and i can't wait already...
did you take any video?
i told my hb to come along too so that he can take video :)
Hi faithmummy,

mine also at this fri.. Where will u be doing ur scan?

joyfulmum

Thank you LittleJ for sharing the detailed experience! I guess I will ask my hubby to take MC to acc me! hehe..Wow dr Chang seems like a very gd gynae, wonder whether their consultation prices would be the same since they're both 'seniors'? Actually in my personally view I am quite neutral with Dr Chan, the reason why we are engaging him is cos of his experience as I've heard good things about his C-section and stitching skills. He's quite confident with his stuff too but I am looking forward to go and 'taste' dr Chang..haha! Congrates on ur baby boy! Hopefullly I get to see my little girl/boy in the next dr chan visit before Dr chang... :)

joyfulmum

Thank you LittleJ for sharing the detailed experience! I guess I will ask my hubby to take MC to acc me! hehe..Wow dr Chang seems like a very good gynae, wonder whether their consultation prices would be the same since they're both 'seniors'? Actually in my personally view I am quite neutral with Dr Chan, the reason why we are engaging him is cos of his experience as I've heard good things about his C-section and stitching skills. He's quite confident with his stuff too but I am looking forward to go and 'taste' dr Chang..haha! Congrates on your baby boy! Hopefullly I get to see my little girl/boy in the next dr chan visit before Dr chang... :)
Btw, congrates Huiqin83 and Weeii on your baby boy too!!! littlej-i jus read thru your post again and realised u mentioned the charges of Dr chang is not as steep as Dr chan..Im so tempted too!! Can switch discreetly anot ah? I accompany u.haha!!! I think my hubby will agree too...