First Time Moms (FTMs)

vanda

Hi Mothers-to--be!
Congrats on your pregnancy! If you are looking for relief from
pregnancy symptoms,
new research from University of Michigan
shows that yoga can relieve these symptoms!

Try our prenatal yoga classes designed to ease your pregnancy symptoms and improve bonding with your baby!
Please call Vanda at 9108 1799 or email us at vanda@vandayoga.com to arrange.
Spaces are limited and available on first-come first-served basis!

diza

any MTB started buying nursing bra or maternity bra? any recommendation? my current bra are getting a little too tight
I never buy any nursing or maternity bra. Instead I bought those cheap non-wire and non-padded bras and extensions... Again, it's your choice. I may invest in nursing bras once my boy is delivered and if I BF him.

I never buy any nursing or maternity bra. Instead I bought those cheap non-wire and non-padded bras and extensions... Again, it's your choice. I may invest in nursing bras once my boy is delivered and if I BF him.
haha im just worried my breast will sag :shyxxx:

LeeTham

I din really buy any Maternity bra..i jus bought some bra brand name eternity frm Giant :) it fits well. They also model that allow u for BF. :)

Tannie

any MTB started buying nursing bra or maternity bra? any recommendation? my current bra are getting a little too tight
U can get the hook to extend the length, it helps, unless the cup is too small then u might need to get new bra.
for nursing bra, better get those without wire... Underwired bra might cause engordment later, n it's no joke.

Hikari

Hi Ladies.

FTM here too.so excited to be on this journey with you girls.I have absolutely no idea on what baby stuff to get..haven even do research.my mummy says so early buy things for baby,very pantang one..my edd is 29th jan..wonder when will be the right time to start buying baby stuffs?as of now,im still not showing yet..nv gain weight(still in in 40s range)..gender of baby also dk when can knw..so heart itchy!

diza

Hi Ladies.

FTM here too.so excited to be on this journey with you girls.I have absolutely no idea on what baby stuff to get..haven even do research.my mummy says so early buy things for baby,very pantang one..my edd is 29th jan..wonder when will be the right time to start buying baby stuffs?as of now,im still not showing yet..nv gain weight(still in in 40s range)..gender of baby also dk when can knw..so heart itchy!
Well abt the pantang, it's up to you to buy now or not. Anyway u don't know the gender yet so no point buying also. U might need storage space if you start buying the items now. Just rmbr to get all ur baby items prepared before the 36th week coz by then you won't have the energy to go shopping. Abt gender, I knew mine as early as 17 weeks coz he wasn't shy and was spreading his legs! Normally, it's easier to detect boys than girls.. To be sure, just wait for detailed scan ard 20 weeks.

ClaraZ

Hi to all FTMs... I'm a FTM too, coming to 9weeks.. Just have a few questions..

1. How do you know which gynae to choose from?
2. Do you all feel giddy at times? Mine got pretty bad recently.
3. Do you all see GP when having slight cough & flu or just let it recover by itself?
4. When should we start joining prenatal yoga?

Sorry for the many many qns. Hehe.

Last edited:

crystal060

friedalcraft:679147 said:
Hi babyjade, I'm a FTM too. Edd in Oct. I started my pre natal class since week 20 at mother and child, tanglin mall. I find the lessons not bad as I'm already practicing yoga before pregnant. :) Link: Mother and Child - Singapores Prenatal and Postnatal Education Centre.
Hi Crystal, am sourcing for places where my wife can go for pre-natal yoga. May I know,
1) what the charges are like for M&C?
2) is the class suitable for yoga beginners (zero yoga background)?
3) did anybody else in your class drag their husband to join them? :embarrassed:
Hi Friedal, i paid $110 for 4 lessons. Acty u can ask your wife to take a trial lesson first, to c if she's comfortable as.a beginner. I already had prior experience, so I feel that pre-natal yoga is actually quite mild. eh my class dun hv husbands joining the class, but I think you can email them if they can allow exceptions. :D

lish

I'm still wearing wired bras, now with extension to make it more comfortable. When do you switch to non-wired bras?

Tannie

Hi to all FTMs... I'm a FTM too, coming to 9weeks.. Just have a few questions..

1. How do you know which gynae to choose from?
Do some research online like reading some thread in this forum.
Decide which hospital u wana deliver, some gynea only deliver at few hospital.
recommendation from frens n relatives.
whether u prefer to go one near ur hse.

I decided to deliver in TMC n wish my gynea can visit me daily after birth n I prefer female gynea, so I start to search for one which clinic is at TMC. My friend chose hers near her home so that she dun hv to travel all the way for check up n dun have to take leave if clinic open at night.

2. Do you all feel giddy at times? Mine got pretty bad recently.
It is quite common, if it's real bad, visit a gynea soon, u might need bed rest or iron pills.

3. Do you all see GP when having slight cough & flu or just let it recover by itself?
Monitor how serious it is, if not recovering better see GP to get some medication but remember to inform that u r pregnant.

4. When should we start joining prenatal yoga?
2nd tri onwards.

Sorry for the many many qns. Hehe.
Answer as above

cn naz

Hi hikari,

I was told not to buy anything until i was 6 months pregnant, but hand very itchy also hahaha. So i just bought carseat and stroller first. For clothes, I chose neutral color that both gender can use. Yellow, red, green, white... :D

diza

I'm still wearing wired bras, now with extension to make it more comfortable. When do you switch to non-wired bras?
I think I switched to non-wired bras since 5 or 6 months.. By then my breast has enlarged and so when I bought new bras, I bought those non-padded and non-wired ones.. And my breast still continues to grow so right now I'm using extensions as well.

Hikari

Hi hikari,

I was told not to buy anything until i was 6 months pregnant, but hand very itchy also hahaha. So i just bought carseat and stroller first. For clothes, I chose neutral color that both gender can use. Yellow, red, green, white... :D

Haha.I dun think ill buy anything yet until i know baby's gender.Im abt 17weeks now.detailed scan will be on 14th sept.by then they shd be able to see gender alrdy.during my last scan few days back baby very naughty..turn and turn until sleep upside down in my tummy.so cant really see gender yet.so excited to see bb again=D.Btw anyone has fb?lets add each other there..can have our own discussion.HAHA!

cn naz

Haha.I dun think ill buy anything yet until i know baby's gender.Im abt 17weeks now.detailed scan will be on 14th sept.by then they shd be able to see gender alrdy.during my last scan few days back baby very naughty..turn and turn until sleep upside down in my tummy.so cant really see gender yet.so excited to see bb again=D.Btw anyone has fb?lets add each other there..can have our own discussion.HAHA!

Yes!!! I was always excited to go to the gynae and get a scan, seeing my baby there always lighted up my day =)

Hello!I'm first time mum and I used medela freestyle because it is good and I'm not regret to used it even though it has a high cost!

Kiwicake

I know there are many of us FTMs out there DYING to have our questions and silly worries answered. But feel riddiculous about a certain fear or asking "obvious" questions. But put all of that aside in this thread and just ASK. I have stupid questions I really want answered as well. Been researching and still confused, So I'll try to help when I can (haha! so reassuring...) and I hope more experienced mummies out there can help us first timers too! After all, we all want the best for our babies!

I'll start off with some questions:

1. I have recently changed my Gynae (KT Tan) to June Tan and my first Appt with her is on 7 Aug. Can anyone share their experience with her? I'll be attending KKH's Private Suite.

2. Speaking of hospitals: Does anyone know in detail the medical benefits civil servant has as compared to being a depandant of an SAF regular's?

3. I have been craving for Tuna Mayo sandwhich from Delifrance. I read that may not be so good for pregnant women due to mercury content? Is that true?

4. I'm currently 13 Weeks and 6 days, ending first trimester.. Am I supposed to be showing yet? Or is it just gas... Baby was 7 cm exactly one week ago. Is it big enough to show this week?

Hihi,

I am a first time mummy too! EDD is 11 Mar 2013. I have been having huge craving for tuna too! and have been eaten at least 1 tuna bread or subway once a week! Some more last week I attended a wedding and ate a bowl of shark fin. Then after that I realize tuna and shark fin have high mercury level. This makes me very worried. Silly me. =(

I will be going for my appt with my gynea. Hopefully baby is ok.

diza

Don't worry abt the mercury level.. As long as u eat in moderation, it's fine.... All these while, I never stop myself from eating or drinking anything.

And I can't remember when I start showing.. All I know is tummy gets bigger and bigger!! Hahaha probably 3 months onwards tummy starts to show but also depends on ur body size.. If ur very very slim, may even show faster..