Porridge for baby

stonston

Silver fish is very soft, I cook till can't even see it.

My ds love to eat porridge, he was very excited when I feed him.
not advisable to cook food for too long....wot u can do is once cooked, u blend it then mix into food...not necessary must give porridge all e time...
can give other things like millet, oats, barley, potato, sweet potato, pumpkin in place of rice porridge...

imagine if u need to et porridge everyday, so boring!!

stonston

Thanks Bpquek and Rammie .

Is Silver fish hard to swallow ?
I put it together with rice and slow cook it until bcome porridge .

Then I feed DS he give me those wanna vomite kinda look and his mouth make those wanna vomite .

Feed not until 10 spoon , he don't want liao .
how old is ur boi n wot is e texture/consistency of e porridge u give?

bpquek

not advisable to cook food for too long....wot u can do is once cooked, u blend it then mix into food...not necessary must give porridge all e time...
can give other things like millet, oats, barley, potato, sweet potato, pumpkin in place of rice porridge...

imagine if u need to et porridge everyday, so boring!!
Don worry, I don cook too long. You mentioned about potato, sweet potato, you mean only give bb this by itself, how to cook, normally I jus add in the porridge. My sil sometimes feed him with rice and soup.

During the weekends, I just cook a bit more of ds porridge and my elder and me will eat bb porridge.:001_302:

Thanks

stonston

bpquek, for potato n sweet potato, i always cut into small cubes then steam....then when cooked i will blend until smooth....it is v thick, so my maid normalli add milk to thin it b4 serving with other purees :) or u can choose to add vege or meat stock to thin it....

for me steaming is v convenient cos jus put water n turn on, dunnid to look after or stir :p

i cant imagine if i have to eat porridge everyday lei....when my boi turn 9mths, i will start givin him pasta n macaroni also.....i found some rice pasta which is suitable for my boi now but he still dunno how to chew, so wait a while more then give him....

Carol

bpquek, for potato n sweet potato, i always cut into small cubes then steam....then when cooked i will blend until smooth....it is v thick, so my maid normalli add milk to thin it b4 serving with other purees :) or u can choose to add vege or meat stock to thin it....

for me steaming is v convenient cos jus put water n turn on, dunnid to look after or stir :p

i cant imagine if i have to eat porridge everyday lei....when my boi turn 9mths, i will start givin him pasta n macaroni also.....i found some rice pasta which is suitable for my boi now but he still dunno how to chew, so wait a while more then give him....
That means if I wan to give him for example potatoes and carrots today , do I blend them together or give seperately ?
And you mention different colours veggies a week , that means I give one type of veggies everyday for a week ?

stonston

Carol, i prefer to give seperate so tt they can taste e flvours if individual foods :) but sometimes in a rush, i will steam in same bowl, so become mixed :p

different color vege per week is when u first intro new foods....
if ur bb already tried alot of different types of foods, then u can rotate by per meal or per day basis :)

like my boi:
breakfast - carrots with potato
lunch - sweet potato with spinach
dinner - oats with apricot

this is to help u ensure bb has a healthy mix of different veges :)

Carol

Carol, i prefer to give seperate so tt they can taste e flvours if individual foods :) but sometimes in a rush, i will steam in same bowl, so become mixed :p

if ur bb already tried alot of different types of foods, then u can rotate by per meal or per day basis :)

like my boi:

That means for example I intend to introduce pumpkin , so I let him try . Apply four days rule . Then for the rest of the week can continue pumpkin . Next week , I can start to rotate like today potato tomorrow pumpkin , next day sweet potato . Am I right or I misinterpret wad you meant ?

stonston

That means for example I intend to introduce pumpkin , so I let him try . Apply four days rule . Then for the rest of the week can continue pumpkin . Next week , I can start to rotate like today potato tomorrow pumpkin , next day sweet potato . Am I right or I misinterpret wad you meant ?
yupzyupz!! correct!!! as long as during n after 4 day rule he is as usual, no rashes or other symptoms, means he is ok, can go ahead n add e new food into his menu!!

CynCyn

yupzyupz!! correct!!! as long as during n after 4 day rule he is as usual, no rashes or other symptoms, means he is ok, can go ahead n add e new food into his menu!!
in simple does it mean tt if intro new food to eat then continuos 4 day see if he has rashes all this huh ? if 4 days ok liao then can continue to give right ?

stonston

in simple does it mean tt if intro new food to eat then continuos 4 day see if he has rashes all this huh ? if 4 days ok liao then can continue to give right ?
not onli look out for rashes...must look out for other things like lethargy, abnormal behaviour, breathlessness, swollen/puffy eyes, etc....rashes is one of e mild symptoms....

if give continuous 4 days no probs, then can continue to give already :)

CynCyn

e authors: anna jacob, pauline chan, samantha thiessen, janie chua and wong yuefen....
jus go to any popular n ask for "firstfoods"...they can check for u :)
How come so many authors one ? Or is it all consolidate into a book itself ? Hw much isit btw ?

rammie

like my boi:

yeah, same here...I prefer to give separately as well, abit troublesome, but its ok :smile:

stonston

Actually is it advisable to introduce spinach yet ? I just read this website and it's actually recommended only aft 10 months . Cos of the nitrates level ?
Carol, spinach is a plant tt is able to store alot of nitrates....but they need to have a supply of nitrates (chemical fertilisers) before they can absorb n store nitrates....

so i onli buy organic baby spinach....cos they r young, do not have alot of nitrates, plus they r organic, which means no chemical fertilisers used....
n since i rotate my boi's veges, he dun eat spinach everyday...probably 1-2 times a week onli....

as long as in moderation, it is ok :)

tiziana

Hi
Cannot add carrot every day as it can cause the skin to turn yellow.
My ds is 9 mth plus, my sil is taking care of him, she feed him 1 meal of rice, 1 meal of porridge and milk in interval.
really ar? lucky i nv everyday feed her carrot, mostly is fish :) anw thanks for yolur advide :001_302: