Porridge for baby

Carol

Carol, spinach is a plant tt is able to store alot of nitrates....but they need to have a supply of nitrates (chemical fertilisers) before they can absorb n store nitrates....

so i onli buy organic baby spinach....cos they r young, do not have alot of nitrates, plus they r organic, which means no chemical fertilisers used....
n since i rotate my boi's veges, he dun eat spinach everyday...probably 1-2 times a week onli....

as long as in moderation, it is ok :)
Ok I'll go get that . Thanks stonston for your help so far !

Carol

Actually how often can carrots be fed ? My auntie told me every 10 days . But isnt that too long alrdy ?

CynCyn

Actually how often can carrots be fed ? My auntie told me every 10 days . But isnt that too long alrdy ?
The first time I intro carrots to brayden , my grandma was telling me dun give too much carrot to baby .

But but but , I thought carrots are suppose to be good for eyes and complexion ? So contradicting .

When he has no reactions like allergies to carrot , then I give alternate days or sometimes everyday also . But sometimes got mix with others as well . :001_302:

CynCyn

Organic spinach means what ? Able to find them in supermarkets ?
Sry sounds so shua gu . Mostly is Dh gets the ingredients for baby porridge . I know nuts abt them . :nah:

stonston

Organic spinach means what ? Able to find them in supermarkets ?
Sry sounds so shua gu . Mostly is Dh gets the ingredients for baby porridge . I know nuts abt them . :nah:
u can get fm larger outlets of cold storage (tanglin mall, Taka, rail mall)...it comes in a pack, all washed n ready for u...e plastic label got clearly state it is organic washed baby spinach leaves....usualli found at the fridge shelves with all the other organic produce or near those packet of salad veges :)

baby spinach e leaves r round n small...sweeter n nicer to eat also :)

i go to tanglin mall every sunday lunch time to do my marketing for my boi...
go there buy organic apple/pear juice, his biscuits, fruits n vege....

CynCyn

u can get fm larger outlets of cold storage (tanglin mall, Taka, rail mall)...it comes in a pack, all washed n ready for u...e plastic label got clearly state it is organic washed baby spinach leaves....usualli found at the fridge shelves with all the other organic produce or near those packet of salad veges :)

baby spinach e leaves r round n small...sweeter n nicer to eat also :)

i go to tanglin mall every sunday lunch time to do my marketing for my boi...
go there buy organic apple/pear juice, his biscuits, fruits n vege....
Thks ston ston . Actually what does organic means .

stonston

Thks ston ston . Actually what does organic means .
different countries got different standards or organic...
but basicalli it means e fruits/veges r grown without using any chemical fertilisers or pesticides....

a good organic farm will be extremely strict...for example in spain, can onli certify organic if e farm is dunno how many km away fm main city, no aeroplane fly past, limit to onli 1-2 motor vehicle within dunno how many KM also....
means totalli NO POLLUTION, NO CHEMICALS....everything is natural lor...

alot of parents prefer giving their bbs organic foods cos it decreases e risk of introducing their bbs to 'harmful' chemicals fm young...
to me organic veges n fruits taste better....

for me onli leafy veges i will insist on organic cos it is hard to wash off pesticides fm leafy veges....for others like sweet potato, pumpkin, if can get organic i will get, if not jus get normal ones....

Carol

The first time I intro carrots to brayden , my grandma was telling me dun give too much carrot to baby .

But but but , I thought carrots are suppose to be good for eyes and complexion ? So contradicting .

When he has no reactions like allergies to carrot , then I give alternate days or sometimes everyday also . But sometimes got mix with others as well . :001_302:
It's gd but not everyday . Cos it contains beta carotene and too much if it will make baby turns yellow .

CynCyn

Is it ok to mix steam banana with porridge ? I read it on one website can't remember which .

stonston

Is it ok to mix steam banana with porridge ? I read it on one website can't remember which .
if steam e banana is ok...but e color may not look v nice...but it is v tasty!

my maid always make banana oats porridge for my boi :)

stonston

cyn, my boi 7.5mths onli...so ur DS 8mth plus should be no prob...as long as it is something he tried b4 can le :)

cookie168

Sorry, just started rice cereal on my 6 mths old baby a few days ago. May i know when should i switch from cereal to porridge? usually how do you mummies cook porridge? really have to cook like those old times in one big pot??

Thanks thanks! Amd really lost...^_^

LayKwan

frankly speaking, i will not add dried scallop because firstly it belongs to the seafood range of food, and secondly it's salty.

I'll prefer to use fresh silver fish to cook porridge instead, not those dried ones.
Hi, The fresh silver fish, where can I get it? I have some dried silver fish, but silver fish will not mash into porridge, is it ok to feed baby the silver fish or we need to remove the silver fish before feeding?

LayKwan

Actually threadfin is the best I heard .
When Ds was 4 months I started to let him try some cereal . Then when he was 5 months plus , I let him try some veggies puree . He loves it . Potatoes , carrots , pumpkins and sweet potatoes . Then can let him try some apple juice too .
Is it advisable to add one small slice of ginger into the porridge? I found the porridge fishy when cook with thread fin

LoVeS

my ds simply hates porridge regardless wat we add inside his porridge which he simply doesnt wan to eat. Makes us so headache duno wat to gif him eat except for cereal for solid meals.

rjj

Sorry, just started rice cereal on my 6 mths old baby a few days ago. May i know when should i switch from cereal to porridge? usually how do you mummies cook porridge? really have to cook like those old times in one big pot??

Thanks thanks! Amd really lost...^_^
Started introducing porridge when he was around 6 to 7mths old. Start off with a little, like 2 soup spoonful, then slowly increase daily.

No need to cook a big pot, if bb cannot finish then throw away. What a waste. Cook enof for him will do la. I use a slow cooker to slowly cook, so it becomes really soft.

Many ppl do and feed different ways, guess the most impt one is you and bb are comfortable. Parenting a lot of trial and error and listening to ppl and trying out again. :) Enjoy !!!

rjj

Hi, The fresh silver fish, where can I get it? I have some dried silver fish, but silver fish will not mash into porridge, is it ok to feed baby the silver fish or we need to remove the silver fish before feeding?
Market. But sometimes have, sometimes no :(

I dun give bb the silver fish, i dun think they know how to chew yet.

But 'Ngor' fish i'll let him eat. Cos after cooking for so long, want to scoop up oso cannot find liao :001_302: