Why Divorce?

Catty

Don't worry my dear, u're normal is just that your mentally still cant get out of the nightmare, now what you can do just concentrate on your career, kids and etc.. The rest just leave it to fate..

wenz

I also married my ex is yr 1999, gave birth to my son in 2000, i left him because he was a gambler too and his mother, tat time i'm not working cos very young.... my mum always gave me money so i'll keep for my BB but he and his mother took all my money to buy 4D and gamble horse!

till the day of delivery my mum had to pay for all my medical including the BIRTH CERT of my DS... so sick of him and his mother... so i moved back with my mum for confinement, den after tat his mum came to pester me home but i refused, imagine all the confinement expenses, DS pamper and milk are sponsored by my mum and she got the cheek to come and wanna bring me and DS home! and i got into depression fearing ppl come and snatch my baby...

till DS around 1yr old den i recover and went out to work... den he came again i got so worked up and fought him to my home lift lobby, dunno where the strength came from but i won and he left and never came again... after tat i filed for separation 3yrs and divorce after tat, all fees paid by me also... sigh so useless man!

den i met my current hubby is yr 2004 and married my hubby in yr 2005 got 1 DD with him and 1 BB on the way... he treat my son like his own and even change his Birth cert to his name so to equalise my DS status with his silbings...

finally sunshine after the rain~

CanCanMum

yup wenz....happy for you that you have found the right man to be with.

dun mind if i ask how does yr ds feel? Do u need to explain much to him or he understands?

wenz

Thx cancanmum!

honestly he dunno much about wat happen maybe too young at tat time... he always tot tat my current hubby is he natural dad~

but if in future he found out, i wun hesitate to tell him the truth...

just a piece of advice to single parent out there, this is not the end of the world~ its the starting and u'll get ur 'xin fu' when u manage to walk out of the blues.... jia you!!

Catty

I also married my ex is yr 1999, gave birth to my son in 2000, i left him because he was a gambler too and his mother, tat time i'm not working cos very young.... my mum always gave me money so i'll keep for my BB but he and his mother took all my money to buy 4D and gamble horse!

till the day of delivery my mum had to pay for all my medical including the BIRTH CERT of my DS... so sick of him and his mother... so i moved back with my mum for confinement, den after tat his mum came to pester me home but i refused, imagine all the confinement expenses, DS pamper and milk are sponsored by my mum and she got the cheek to come and wanna bring me and DS home! and i got into depression fearing ppl come and snatch my baby...

till DS around 1yr old den i recover and went out to work... den he came again i got so worked up and fought him to my home lift lobby, dunno where the strength came from but i won and he left and never came again... after tat i filed for separation 3yrs and divorce after tat, all fees paid by me also... sigh so useless man!

den i met my current hubby is yr 2004 and married my hubby in yr 2005 got 1 DD with him and 1 BB on the way... he treat my son like his own and even change his Birth cert to his name so to equalise my DS status with his silbings...

finally sunshine after the rain~
Yup! Sunshine after the rain.. :Dancing_wub:

My case and ur case real similar as in i gave birth very young (19) at year 2000 but i file for a immediate divorce on year 2004, can say consider my ex very fortunate tat i can tolerate and gave him so many chance for so many yrs. :we2Randy-git:

Hope all mommies out there don't be despair cos sunshine will be coming on their way.. :Dancing_tongue:

MsKoh1973

Share with u my sis story, she married at around 21, has 2 daughters. When she had the 1st daughter, she notice that her husband not the stay at home type, even when he free, not working, he rather roam at the void deck or park then go home, cos he said my sister love to control him. When his gal sick or fall down, need to go hospital, we called him, he never answer, cos he scare my sis trying to give excuse to lure him home, even when he realised what happen was true, he still no regret, and said that so long I around, my sis will be taken care off, cos $, time everything I can take care of. Even when my sister give birth, he also never visit her at hospital, giving the same reason.

Sometimes my sis dunnoe to feel happy or sad, happy that her sister (me) can help to take care of everything, sad that her husband had washed his hands off the family. She wanted to divorce many times, but each time, her husband will beg her, become obedient for a while, then after awhile, repeat offence again.

In yr 2004 my sister pregnant with her second gal, her husband behaved the same way, or even worst after he realised that its a gal, not a boy. He became very disappointed and started to stay away from home more frequent. My sis very sad, at first thought of abortion, but chg mind. At about 7 months pregnant, she changed the lock of the house and don't want to let him home, cos she found that he cannot go in and out as he like and bear no responsiblity.

The man came back, demand to reconcile with my sis, threatened to hang himself with the gold chain at the corridor (funni rite), when it didn't work, he threatened to jump down from the 8 th flr of the beach road flat they stayed. My sis let him go into the house, he took a knife from the kitchen, threatened my sis that if she dare to divorce him, he will kill her first, then kill himself. In the midst of struggle, he kill my sister's stomach (she was then abt 7 m preg), my sister has to go AnE.

That was the final that my sis could take, I gv her my assurance that I will take gd care of her and girls, she divorced him.

My 2nd niece never see her father, now that she is 4, her father have no interest to see her at all. My ex BIL and his frens still threaten my sis, say if she dare to find bf or ever get marry, they will harm her. I always tell my sis to tell him and all his fren, its my idea for the divorce, give him my address if he wants and ask them come to look for me (somehow he very scare of me).

My sis sometimes wonder, if she had listened to me and divorce earlier, then she won't hv the 2nd child, then maybe her life will be much easier. But sometimes she see her girls so cute, she thought it was the best things she got out of the marriage.

The court ordered ex BIL to pay $410 maintenance pm, $200 for each child, $10 for my sis, he had not paid many months.

Queenbabe

Wau lau , ur BIL reli bastard lo . Ya Mskoh ask him come to look for u & u can ask me along to slap him . I hate this type of guy . Lastime my ex HB also never pay any maintanance for my DD & my mum say dont take his money better just go separate ways even outside see each other also pretend dunno him . Already 9yrs my DD already pri 3 . I must thanks my mum for helping me wif my DD . This type of guy can curse n swear him lah , never give $ still say cannot go find bf remarry . Crazy man

rainypink

eh!! how can??! cannot let them off like that!
must sue him, take the money!!
bu yao gen qian guo yu bu qu ma!!

:Dancing_tongue:

Queenbabe

haiz no choice de. I dun 1 2 sue him coz i dun 1 2 have anything to do wif him anymore. He mus be reminded when he see me on the street that he owe me n his DD alot. My DD that time so small, i jus dun 1 2 waste my time gng to court wif such person.

tebearz

Hi
I like to know the procedure of going through divorce? How long do I need to wait when I decided to go for divorce? If my partner don't agreed, then how many years do I need to wait before it is legally separated? If both agreed, isn't take effect immediately?How much is the whole lawyer fees involved?

mummyboy

if only ROM within a yr, can immediate "void" the marriage so your status still consider as single

you need to seperate for 3yrs before you can file for divorce, of cos some "special case" do allows you to have immediate divorce.

If neither 1 party agree to sign, then it take 4yrs.

The procedure and lawyer fees depend on indiviual case...for me, nothing to fight (no hse, no bb)...took me 3mths to get my divorce done and cost ard 2k+ (of cos pay by my ex)

Last edited:

serenatoh55

if only ROM within a yr, can immediate "void" the marriage so your status still consider as single

you need to seperate for 3yrs before you can file for divorce, of cos some "special case" do allows you to have immediate divorce.

If neither 1 party agree to sign, then it take 4yrs.

The procedure and lawyer fees depend on indiviual case...for me, nothing to fight (no hse, no bb)...took me 3mths to get my divorce done and cost ard 2k+ (of cos pay by my ex)
can meh?? if only rom within a yr can immediate void the marriage??? need to pay anything ma ???

dolliepollie

should she divorce her hubby if:

he plays computer every free time he got.
look, msg, download girls *naked* pictures.
demand to have his face done like facial service at 12.30am when his wife is 4months preggie.
do not give her allowance for food.
want to have a massage when his wife need one badly.
ask her to go out and never come home again.
demand dat she only can use the computer when he is not around.
must not speak a word when he is playing computer, even when she's looking at him watching other girls profile.. and msg something like: hi can we be friends.
and when she starts to scream and yell at him. he want to divorce and wants his wife to change just for him.
Hang up her phone when he dont feel like talking to her.

do u think she should file a divorce or abort the child?

Last edited:

CanCanMum

something sounds not very right leh......in fact all of them.......

all of the below behaviours doesnt seem right for man to be able to do to a woman whom he married her for love, or if he treats her like his lawful wife?

i assume tat u r asking on behalf of a friend? If yes, best to be mentally supportive to her at this moment. Meanwhile ask her to try talk things out wif her husb. Do they really want to work things out? The way the husband behaves seems like he do not know or understand what is the word COMMITMENT, or simply he chooses to not to know or not to believe and continues to misbehave in any way he likes it. From all the pointers i gathered, none belongs to positive ones.

However, in my honest opinion, it is hard to judge for someone, especially when relationship problem is concerned. Becoz wad happened during a couple's marriage life will only be known between themselves. If nothing works out even though several attempts are made, perhaps turn to professional advisor, the marriage counsellors.

aborting the child should Never, ever come into the picture.

SunShine07

should she divorce her hubby if:

he plays computer every free time he got.
look, msg, download girls *naked* pictures.
demand to have his face done like facial service at 12.30am when his wife is 4months preggie.
do not give her allowance for food.
want to have a massage when his wife need one badly.
ask her to go out and never come home again.
demand dat she only can use the computer when he is not around.
must not speak a word when he is playing computer, even when she's looking at him watching other girls profile.. and msg something like: hi can we be friends.
and when she starts to scream and yell at him. he want to divorce and wants his wife to change just for him.
Hang up her phone when he dont feel like talking to her.

do u think she should file a divorce or abort the child?
What I see from here is that, this man don't have love for her at all. Was he like that all along or he just started to behave this way recently?

To be frank, if I were your friend, I won't hesitate to divorce him immediately for the sake of the child. Because, I won't want my child to be like him.

dolliepollie

well.. thanks for all the replies.. but today im totally speechless.

the guy talk things out with her.. with some kinda terms and conditions.

AND she AGREES with it..

guess my gf really loves him alot. she say maybe when the baby is out he will pay more attention to her..

well.. maybe like wad you say.. there are things that happen between the couple dat i might not know.. so if its her choice den let it be.. :)

lisa_ng

marriage is so easily done with one signature.

but to divorce takes a lot of effort, time and money.
most of all is the feelings that you have invested.

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
lisa_ng said:
marriage is so easily done with one signature.

but to divorce takes a lot of effort, time and money.
most of all is the feelings that you have invested.
My happy family now is from a 2nd marriage ... yes, I was also a divorcee once.

Looking back, I have totally NO REGRETS with cutting losses on the time, money & emotions all wrongly invested.
Maybe my decision was so much easier becoz we didn't have any children ... but I simply believe in 长痛不如短痛.

That's why I am more than willing to give anyone (including strangers from this forum) that needed push ... if you tell me you know there is something wrong in your relationship ... & that it's still not improving, even after you've tried working on it repeatedly.
:biggrin: :biggrin: