EDD May 2012 Mummies!

Rukia

Bought DIY wax strips. Try abit just now! Super pain! Think I just shave it. Pain red n swollen now!!
I dont have the guts to try DIY waxing. I did try epilating once (with cooling function, supposedly to numb the area) and i almost cried from the pain.

Rukia

Hi mummies.. Saw the gynae yesterday and was nearly asked to go hospital last night at 1am to induce.. Cos low on amniotic fluid side and I told doc that I noticed that my girl moved less than usual.. Gynae noticed that and that my placenta was getting old.. Some calcium on it.. Asked doc if possible to drag a few more days and was hooked onto CTG to monitor baby heartbeat.. Was allowed to go back after CTG scan showed baby ok but have to go back on mon for another round of CTG and gynae visit.. Mon will be my 38th week.. Hope she can last at least till 3 may and don't have to induce her out
Oh your placenta at 37-38 wk is considered old?

magdalenechoo

Congratulations to all May Mummies / Mummies to be! :red:
Excited & anticipating to your precious little ones' arrival to this beautiful world?

By now, you should already heard / know / agreed that Breast Milk is the best for your child!

To Mummies who intend to Breastfeed their babies for short-term!
eg. intending to stop after resuming to work

Why pay hundreds of dollars for a breast pump which you will only use for a few months? Consider renting MEDELA breast pumps from us at affordable rates! :)

Refer to http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f103/renting-pump-85536/#post637683
for choice of pumps & rates!

Alternatively, pls pm / whatsapp / sms to 9879 5299 for faster response!
Happy Breastfeeding, Mummies / Mummies-to-be! Strive on!
:001_302:​

climsp

I dont have the guts to try DIY waxing. I did try epilating once (with cooling function, supposedly to numb the area) and i almost cried from the pain.
Only try a small part, so super pain. I just apply some cream after tat. Think maybe after labour then try again...

Rzena

Congrats smurfete!! Was baby engaged before that? Tink rzena or climsp might be next, seeing how you all got active uterus. Now I still never get bh
Aiyoh I hope I won't pop so soon man...hoping for my boy to stay in there till about 38weeks at least. Another 2 weeks to go! :D

But I do realise I have many similiar symptoms and experiences as Climsp though. :D Active boys we have in there... These days I can't really tell whether the pain I'm feeling is due to contractions or due to the boy moving. So it's very difficult to time my contractions. Sometimes the pain can be rather sharp. Climsp do you get this too?

Last edited:
Hi mummies.. Saw the gynae yesterday and was nearly asked to go hospital last night at 1am to induce.. Cos low on amniotic fluid side and I told doc that I noticed that my girl moved less than usual.. Gynae noticed that and that my placenta was getting old.. Some calcium on it.. Asked doc if possible to drag a few more days and was hooked onto CTG to monitor baby heartbeat.. Was allowed to go back after CTG scan showed baby ok but have to go back on mon for another round of CTG and gynae visit.. Mon will be my 38th week.. Hope she can last at least till 3 may and don't have to induce her out
I'll be going for ctg tomoro too. But gynae didnt mention anyting. i'll be at my 38th wk tomoro too

Gracecwz

hi all, jus some updates.. I've discharged today, went to d special care to bid gdbye to my baby & will go back to see him everyday until he discharge. He has abit jaundice, chest infection & had bit of breathing difficulties, all bcos I had fever b4 I admit d hospital & water had leaked for quite some time already..

now resting at home, gota work very hard to pump milk for my baby.. so far did d pump in d hospital but only few drops of colostrum so cant feed baby..

now looking forward to visit my boy everyday & bring him my milk (if I can)..
Dun worry miracle, milk only comes after 4-5 days. Dun be too disappointed okay?

Gracecwz

initially gota use d hospital one, d nurse then asked if I got mine on d 2nd day, then I used mine. I bought d adhesive type, hospital one is loop type but they didnt tie it cos got d panty to hold it.. I brought disposable panty too but nurse say abit tight so I use theirs thru out..
Huh? Why nurse ask u to switch to own maternity pad? Is it extra charge or included in hospital stay?

Rukia

initially gota use d hospital one, d nurse then asked if I got mine on d 2nd day, then I used mine. I bought d adhesive type, hospital one is loop type but they didnt tie it cos got d panty to hold it.. I brought disposable panty too but nurse say abit tight so I use theirs thru out..
Huh? Why nurse ask u to switch to own maternity pad? Is it extra charge or included in hospital stay?
Maternity pad is chargeable. Practically everything is chargeable if u use those provided by hospital

climsp

Aiyoh I hope I won't pop so soon man...hoping for my boy to stay in there till about 38weeks at least. Another 2 weeks to go! :D

But I do realise I have many similiar symptoms and experiences as Climsp though. :D Active boys we have in there... These days I can't really tell whether the pain I'm feeling is due to contractions or due to the boy moving. So it's very difficult to time my contractions. Sometimes the pain can be rather sharp. Climsp do you get this too?
I got alot of sharp pain at VJJ when move walk or stand up after sitting too long. My gynea mention I having mild contraction during my CTG I thou I just a small kick from baby. Pain n cramp is due to baby position down also. But gynea nvr mention in enagaged.

Gracecwz

Ohhhh.... No wonder.

Has anyone suffered any scratches or knocks to their bump? Touch wood!

I feel so clumsy, I just knocked my bmp on a very sharp table corner.... At the place where baby face should be.... My skin there badly scratched... But tummy no internal pain. Should be fine right?

Rukia

Ohhhh.... No wonder.

Has anyone suffered any scratches or knocks to their bump? Touch wood!

I feel so clumsy, I just knocked my bmp on a very sharp table corner.... At the place where baby face should be.... My skin there badly scratched... But tummy no internal pain. Should be fine right?
i gt pushed once by an old uncle and my tummy hit against the metal pole in the bus. I did ask my GP abt it but he doesnt seemed too concerned. Cos he said there is protection from amniotic fluid. He said they r only worried abt impacts from car accidents etc. otherwise sld be ok.

bleeeee

Hi all! I gave birth about 1.5 wks ago at 38 weeks. Trying to settle down with the baby. My CL has been giving me a lot of trouble and left yesterday! Lucky we managed to find help... Breastfeeding is super duper painful but I'm trying to endure! The engorgement was v bad but has been getting better. Good luck to all mummies!

Rukia

Hi all! I gave birth about 1.5 wks ago at 38 weeks. Trying to settle down with the baby. My CL has been giving me a lot of trouble and left yesterday! Lucky we managed to find help... Breastfeeding is super duper painful but I'm trying to endure! The engorgement was v bad but has been getting better. Good luck to all mummies!
Congrats. Y is bf painful? Cos baby din latch properly or milk not finished? Can use cold cabbage to ease the pain?